Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What is a "Mommy Talker?"

August 10, 2007
I've always wondered what it would be like to actually verbalize exactly what I felt. Wait.... that’s a lie. But, I have always wondered what it would be like to have my own blog, so here I am. I would like to think it will be very practical, helpful, insightful mommy advice. However, the reality is, I am vulgar and I have no business giving any advice to anyone.  Oh,  my husband and I actually coined the term "mommy talker" based on moms who can only converse about, well, mommy things. So, now that I have lost most of you, the best way to define what this blog is all about is, its the shit about motherhood (including pregnancy) that no one wants to talk about, not in public anyway. That’s right, everything from hemorrhoids right up to your kid saying "fuck" for the first time. Did I mention I was vulgar? I hope you enjoy reading and commenting as much as I do vomiting my thoughts all over the page. The truth is, I love being a mom. I have a 3 year-old son named Hudson, whom I absolutely adore. I must also mention I am a full-time mom, but I also have a job outside of the home. This, as many of you already know, opens a whole new ball of wax. I also think it’s ridiculously hard to be a "good" parent and most days it’s just ridiculous. So here's to talking about what really is going on behind closed doors. Damn it...."Hudson, how many times have I told you not to put your finger in the dogs butt!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment